httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ambarish Mitra" <ambarish_mi...@persistent.co.in>
Subject [users@httpd] Upgrading Apache 2.0.59 from open mode to SSL mode under Redhat Linux
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 05:59:19 GMT
Hi all,

I have a working version of apache 2.0.59 in open mode under Linux, and I
want to move it to SSL mode. Apparently, it was not compiled with SSL
support.

When I do "apachectl -l", in the list of compiled in modules, mod_ssl.c does
not come.

My question is: For moving it from open mode to SSL mode, do I have to
uninstall the current working apache2 and re-install again will SSL support?
Or, is there a way to just plugin the mod_ssl module into apache2?

I looked into the modssl.org site, and all information there are for
apache1.x, and not for apache 2.x.

Any help/pointers will be helpful.

My OS: Redhat Linux Advances Server 4.

Thanks for your time.