httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Reeves, Michael D Civ 517 SMXS/MXDEC" <Michael.Ree...@cisf.af.mil>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with ./configure Apache 2.2.6
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:20:02 GMT
Hi, I'm having a problem installing a new webserver.  I'm doing the
exact same procedure that I've used in the past (v 2.0.55, 2.0.59, and
2.2.4), but it no longer seems to be working.

I'm doing a custom layout. I've edited the config.layout file to match
what I'd done in the past, copying the format used in that file.

I'm using
prefix: /usr/local/apache2
exec_prefix: ${prefix}
bindir: ${exec_prefix}/bin

I run the configure script:
./configure --enable-layout=myLayout .......

I get the following error msg:
configure: error: expected an absolute directory name for --bindir:
NONE:/bin
configure failed for srclib/apr

What gives?  Is this a bug?  This worked perfectly for 2.2.4.  If this
functionality has been removed then all the stuff in config.layout will
fail.

Michael Reeves
USAF
Peterson AFB
719.556.4562
michael.reeves2@peterson.af.mil

The Project Uncertainty Principle: "If you understand a project, you
can't know it's cost.  If you know the cost, you don't understand the
project."  ~~ Dilbert  :-)