httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Frank M. Ramaekers" <FRamaek...@ailife.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 15:25:01 GMT
I was having the same problem, only mine are different hosts not
domains.  How would you do them?

(e.g. abc.domain.com def.domain.com and xyz.domain.com)

TIA,

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.
Systems Programmer                   MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE
American Income Life Insurance Co.   Phone: (254)761-6649
1200 Wooded Acres Dr.                Fax:   (254)741-5777
Waco, Texas  76701

-----Original Message-----
From: Norman Peelman [mailto:npeelman@cfl.rr.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 5:14 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts

Joe wrote:
> On 17:52 Sun 30 Dec     , Victor Trac wrote:
>
>> On Dec 30, 2007 4:53 PM, Joe <joem@joeshome.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I used to be able to do this in 1.3 but now using 2.2 I can't get it
>>> work. Running on a Debian server in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf I have
>>> (where nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn = my IP address)
>>>

>> Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that since
>> you're listening to a particular IP and port, you'll need to change
>> your NameVirtualHost and <VirtualHost> directives to match:
>>
>> NameVirtualHost nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:80
>> <VirtualHost nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:80>
>> </VIrtualHost>
>>
>> /var/www/chris is always pulled up because it comes first
>> alphabetically, and any request that goes to nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:80
>> (because of your Listen directive) is served by the first matching
>> host.
>>
>> More information can be found here:
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/examples.html
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>>

> Trying that and I cannot connect at all. Get the following error
>
> Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
> nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:80

Listen 80

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName yoursite.com
    ServerAlias www.yoursite.com
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName yoursite2.com
    ServerAlias www.yoursite2.com
</VirtualHost>

--
Norman
Registered Linux user #461062

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is solely for the
use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have
received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at PrivacyAct@ailife.com.