httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Campbell, Lance" <la...@uiuc.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_cache
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:51:02 GMT
Apache 2.2.x

I would like to request that mod_cache have an additional parameter
added to it.

Example:

CacheCleanRequest /cleanCache/

If you want to remove items from the cache so that they can be refreshed
by a later request you simply pre append the URL that was provided to
the parameter CacheCleanRequest.

Example:

CacheCleanRequest /cleanCache/

CacheEnable disk /abc/

CacheEnable disk /def/

CacheEnable mem /ghi/

If I were to request the following URLs they would be cached by
mod_cache:

1) http://acme.com/abc/123.html

2) http://acme.com/def/454/3443/aaa.html

3) http://acme.com/ghi/asasd/dd/bbb.html

4) http://acme.com/ghi/asasd/dd/ccc.html

Now if I sent the following URL request then item 2 above would be
removed from the cache:

http://acme.com/cleanCache/def/454/3443/aaahtml

Now if I sent the following URL requests then items 3 and 4 would be
removed from the cache:

http://acme.com/ghi/asasd/dd/

I know you have a mechanism in place to clear a cache entry based on
adding attributes to a headers requests.  This just seems to be a much
simpler approach to clearing cached content.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Project Manager/Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs