httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dani Pardo" <jiff...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy not handling redirects correctly
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:05:12 GMT
 Hi all, I have an environment in which I reverse proxy some servers
depending on the value of a cookie, that is:

        RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} ^.*destination_host=host1.*$
        RewriteRule (.+) http://www.host1.com$1 [P]
        RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} ^.*destination_host=host2.*$
        RewriteRule (.+) http://www.host2.com$1 [P]

 The idea is that I reverse proxy everything to either www.host1.com
or www.host2.com depending on the value of the cookie
"destination_host".
 That's working correctly at the moment, the problem comes when the
target (host1 or host2) sends a redirect, which doesn't get reverse
proxied, and thus the browser goes directly to www.host1.com or
www.host2.com.
  I could add

        ProxyPassReverse / http://www.host1.com

 Which will adapt the response of the redirect, but I need this rule
to depend also on the value of the cookie "destination_host".
 The question is, is there any way to ProxyPassReverse depending on
the value of a cookie? Or should it be done automatically by
mod_rewrite with [P]? If so, is it a bug, or am I just doing something
wrong?

  Any clue appreciated,

--
Dani