httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is Apache2.2 FIPS compliant?
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 16:37:49 GMT
Robin,

On Jan 12, 2008, at 6:34 AM, robingandhi21 wrote:

> Please let me know if anybody have any idea of Apache2.2 being FIPS
> compliant?

By itself, no.  Apache does not do anything special for key management
or access control to key material.  However, Apache can use a FIPS 140
certified Hardware Security Module like nCipher's nShield card and use
keys protected by its Security World.  This will make you FIPS 140-2
Level 2 or 3 compliant.

Note: I work for nCipher.  Let me know if you'd like more information
about using hardware-protected keys.

Sander

--
Sander Temme