httpd-users mailing list archives

From AJ McKee <aj.mc...@druid-dns.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with proxy balance and ajp/http members
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 22:07:10 GMT
Hi All,

I am attempting to setup proxy balance with two ajp connected members. I
am having a problem passing the stickysession (JSESSIONID) around the
members of the balance.
I include the directives I have set below. However my problem may very
well be a total misunderstanding of the documentation.

The problem occurs when a user selects an item for their cart. It is
added fine. However upon subsequent requests, if the request does not
hit the same balance member, the session is lost.

I have ensured I have jvmRoute defined in Tomcats server.xml and have
tested my config on 2.2.3 and 2.2.8 versions of Apache. Debug log does
not show me where I am wrong. I have also used this with
http://node:8080/ and I cannot obtain the desired result.

-- Balance Config
<Proxy balancer://ajpCluster>
BalancerMember ajp://node01:8009 # Have tried the "route" option too, no
difference
BalancerMember ajp://node02:8009
</Proxy>

- Balanced Vhost
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.foo.bar
ProxyPass / balancer://ajpCluster/fooApp/
stickysession=JSESSIONID|jsessionid nofailover=On
# The below directive has been omitted, included for just one node and
then all nodes with no difference in results.
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain node02 .foo.bar
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain node01 .foo.bar
# Just making sure
ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /fooApp /
</VirtualHost>

If anyone has advice or indeed can help point out where I am wrong
(either in assuming this can in fact be done) I would appriocate the help.

Thanks in advance
AJ