httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Regular expresions for dummies
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:58:59 GMT
I'm trying to set up an AliasMatch to catch some now quite regular attempts to
find 'phpmyadmin' using a whole string of different case versions of
'phpmyadmin' and then 'phpmyadmin-(various version number strings)'

I think my starting point needs to be a nice dummy reference to writing the
necessary regular expression. Alternatively can someone who has already done
it provide me with an sample :)

Of cause what is more annoying is that my web page footer lists the tools I'm
using - and a link to the server set-up so if they looked they would know I
don't use MySQL!

Having started to get everything under control I'm spending a little time each
day checking the error log and so anything to strip garbage and just leave the
real errors will be useful. I have a couple of other similar AliasMatch
entries to create but http://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html is going over my head :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL