httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ashwani Kumar Sharma" <Ashwani_Sha...@mindtree.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache service problem. make_sock: could not bind to address
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:06:51 GMT

Hi All,

 While trying to run apache service on windows I faced this strange

 problem. I have installed IPv6 on this machine.

 If I make apache run on some port number which is not free. I don't see any

 log file being created in the apache/log directory.

 While I try to run the httpd.exe from the command prompt with same port

 no. I see following error message on the console.

 "(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network

 address/port) is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to

 address [::]:9356 no listening sockets available, shutting down Unable to

 open logs"

Is it possible to get this message in the log file if I start the apache as a
service.

 Does somebody know what is the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashwani Sharma

Mob: +91+9916454843

Off: +91-80-26265053

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have
received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this
message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or
in part is strictly prohibited.
E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects.
While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks,
MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating
either from within MindTree or outside.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any
improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from
MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the
MindTree e-mail system or else where.