httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Axel-Stephane SMORGRAV" <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] A question on HTTPs protocol
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:26:08 GMT
You probably want to use

SSLCipherSuite NULL

$ openssl ciphers -v NULL
AECDH-NULL-SHA          SSLv3 Kx=ECDH     Au=None Enc=None      Mac=SHA1
ECDHE-RSA-NULL-SHA      SSLv3 Kx=ECDH     Au=RSA  Enc=None      Mac=SHA1
ECDH-RSA-NULL-SHA       SSLv3 Kx=ECDH     Au=RSA  Enc=None      Mac=SHA1
ECDHE-ECDSA-NULL-SHA    SSLv3 Kx=ECDH     Au=ECDSA Enc=None      Mac=SHA1
ECDH-ECDSA-NULL-SHA     SSLv3 Kx=ECDH     Au=ECDSA Enc=None      Mac=SHA1
NULL-SHA                SSLv3 Kx=RSA      Au=RSA  Enc=None      Mac=SHA1
NULL-MD5                SSLv3 Kx=RSA      Au=RSA  Enc=None      Mac=MD5

-ascs
Disclaimer: I am not an SSL expert :-)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Qingshan Xie [mailto:xieq_49@yahoo.com]
Envoyé : lundi 28 janvier 2008 07:09
À : users@httpd.apache.org
Objet : [users@httpd] A question on HTTPs protocol

This maybe a little crazy or sounds silly.  We have a reverse proxy talks to the backend Apache
in SSL.  However for better performance we wonder if we can disable the request encryption
and decryption but only ssl-handshake?   This pretty much like SSH pipe, once the trust-relation
established, the pipe created, there is no need of encryption/decryption in data transaction.
 Can SSL experts shed some light on it?

Many Thanks,
Q.Xie