httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Axel-Stephane SMORGRAV" <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] To upgrade or not to upgrade
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 07:06:13 GMT
Take a look at the list of changes on 2.0.x and see if there are any that may be relevant to
you. My personal opinion is that 2.0.47 is awfully old, and a lot of bugs have been fixed
since then. If you do not have any dependencies to third-party modules, I think you should
definitely upgrade to a newer 2.0.x or even 2.2.x. For some reason I made a mental note of
not using 2.2.6 but wait for the next release of 2.2.x.

-ascs

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Troy Moseley [mailto:troy@lambpackaging.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 9 janvier 2008 21:09
À : users@httpd.apache.org
Objet : [users@httpd] To upgrade or not to upgrade

Good Day,

	I'm running Apache 2.0.47 (a OpenSA install) on a Windows 2000 Server Box. I need to be able
to access our SQL 2000 server via a PHP or Perl script. I have already updated PHP to the
latest version, do I also need to update Apache or should it work as is. If upgrading is my
best option does anyone have a windows installer for Apache version 2.2.6 or some good installation
instructions?

Thanks....

Troy Moseley