httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Figuring out the order in which directives apply
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 22:54:47 GMT

maybe you're looking for http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sections.html

> In this instance I wanted to know whether I could use Allow/Deny rules
> before a request gets picked off and handed over to a servlet
> container by mod_jk.  There didn't seem to be any obvious way to
> answer the question except by experiment.  (My result:  I *think* this
> works.)

That's simple: allow/deny rules apply before any content handler.
To do otherwise would be nonsensical.

This might be clearer in some of the developer docs, such as
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/developer/request.html
http://www.apachetutor.org/dev/request

--
Nick Kew