httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martin Barry <ma...@supine.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] https and http on a same server: same time
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:03:23 GMT
$quoted_author = "Ashwin  Basagouda Patil" ;

> Please help that I want to run the Apache 2.0 in both "https" and 'http".

A HTTPS capable httpd can also server HTTP.

> I have virtual hosting for the https and it is working fine. But for the
> some reason the subversion repositories are not accessible through the VPN
> in MAC OS in virtual hosting.

This is probably a configuration issue. Can you supply the relevant parts of
your configuration?

> So I want to mention those repositories through the http connection and
> without virtual hosting.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here.

> "/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start" it is starting in http and works
> fine. But not the https connection works.
>
> If use
> "/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl startssl" it starts in https connection
> and wont work http connection.

With the correct configuration the second instance should serve both HTTP
and HTTPS.

cheers
marty

--
supine: From the Latin for "lying on one's back," to be supine has come to mean
"inactive." But as Damien Hirst suggests with his maxim "Minimum effort for

"An Idler's Glossary" - http://www.hermenaut.com/a158.shtml