httpd-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RSS of Apache Processes
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:59:23 GMT
On Sat 12 Jan 2008, Graham Frank wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but should RLimitMem help prevent the RSS value
>
> >from going insane?  I disabled my Perl script on one of the web servers
>
> today, and after 11 hours each process got up to a RSS of 550MB each.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#rlimitmem says:

"This applies to processes forked off from Apache children servicing requests,
not the Apache children themselves. This includes CGI scripts and SSI exec
commands, but not any processes forked off from the Apache parent such as
piped logs."

Does that help?

Torsten