httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AuthBasicProvider ldap dbd not failing through
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:39:49 GMT
On Jan 24, 2008 2:22 PM, paredes <paredes@aecom.yu.edu> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I've successfully built apache2.2.8 with all the appropriate modules
> [mod_authn*, mod_authz*, mod_dbd*, mod_ldap* etc etc] for ldap & mysql
> support. An ldap [valid-user] protected area works fine. A mysql
> [valid-user] protected area works fine. A mysql [require-dbd-group]
> group protected area works fine.
>
> However,  when I use the "AuthBasicProvider ldap dbd" directive to
> protect an area with ldap "failing through" to mysql the fall through
> never occurs. Authentication / authorization seemingly gets "stuck" on
> the first AuthBasicProvider argument. The 2nd argument is always ignored.

When you're testing the two AuthBasicProvider's, are they both hitting
their respective "user not found" case?

For LDAP, this is normally not being able to convert the basic auth
username into a DN on the LDAP server.

If for some reason your testcase has some kind of later authn failure,
it might result in the modules telling mod_auth_basic "yes, i'm
supposed to handle this but it's a bad userid".

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com