httpd-users mailing list archives

From Graeme Fowler <gra...@graemef.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Dynamic mass virtual hosting with suEXEC
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:45:46 GMT
On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 12:29 -0500, Joshua Slive wrote:
> Check out cgiwrap, which has somewhat different restrictions and
> configuration options.

Also see suPHP, which is a little different from suEXEC and cgiwrap.
It's possible to use suPHP with a small global config which lets the
filesystem metadata determine who a process runs as - the file owner, in
the simplest case.

Note that it originated as a wrapper for PHP (no s***, I hear you say)
but you can also run other executables through it as CGI scripts. I've
used it on a number of different servers now with no problems to speak
of.

> (I don't know if it will work for you, but it is worth a try.)

Ditto :)

Graeme