httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Dunne <richarddunne1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] OT - html question
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:39:14 GMT
Hi Dimitri,

If you are not familiar with the scripting language PHP, I suggest you take a look at it.
 Google "Sticky forms" and "redirection".

Richard.

----- Original Message ----
From: Dimitri Yioulos <dyioulos@firstbhph.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 1:01:04 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] OT - html question

Hi, all.

I hope it's OK to ask this (not sure where else to turn):  I've created
form, and use formmail.php (not FormMail.cgi) to process it.  It almost
 works
fine.  The exception is that I have an error page which is called if a
 user
doesn't fill in all required fields.  The mechanism to go back to the
 form is
the back button (<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Back"
onClick="history.go(-1);">).  The problem is that the values the user
 has
already entered are lost when he/she is sent back.  As there's a fair
 amount
of info to enter, having to do it all over again can be a bit of a
 pita.  Can
anyone tell me how I might be able to send the user back to the form
 page and
have the data persist?

Many thanks.

Dimitri