httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Grant Peel" <gp...@thenetnow.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cannot restart httpd
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 19:40:43 GMT
eggdropp is an irc bot. You need to kill this, unless you know it is something different. Also,
check your system, you have been breached.

-Grant

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Liz Kim
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 2:30 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Cannot restart httpd

  Thank you for your inputs!

  It failed to restart again and when listing all the open files on https, this shows up:

  eggdrop   apache    4u  IPv6  TCP *:https (LISTEN)

  Any idea what "eggdrop" is??

  On Jan 3, 2008 12:04 AM, Borse, Hrushikesh <hrushikesh.borse@capgemini.com> wrote:

    There might be some processes running on 443 port. First you need to kill that processes
then you will able to start apache

    Use  command #   lsof  -I  | grep  :https

     Or      lsof  -I  | grep  :443

    This will provide you process ids binded with 443 port. Kill it and then try to restart
apache.

    Regards,