httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Graham Frank" <gfr...@neoservers.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] RSS of Apache Processes
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 02:18:54 GMT
Hey,

We actually have the MaxRequestsPerChild set to 1000 and KeepAlive off.

Know of any way that we could find the leak considering the vastness of all
the possibilities?

Thanks.

----
Graham Frank
Neoservers LLC – Founder and Owner
Ph: (608) 359-1593
Member of the Better Business Bureau

-----Original Message-----
From: Colm MacCarthaigh [mailto:colm@allcosts.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:10 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RSS of Apache Processes

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 07:36:19PM -0600, Graham Frank wrote:
> Can anyone offer up an explanation for this?  Thanks.

Everything you describe is incredibly normal behaviour associated with a
memory leak :-) You can also set a maximum number of requests per child
to alleviate the problem.

Of course the leak could be in Apache or php itself somewhere, but
vastly more likely is that some php code is responsible for it. Probably
the best place to look first, if you want to fix it.