httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Howto use an other file than index.html
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:46:58 GMT
On Dec 6, 2007 1:17 PM, Sonixxfx <sonixxfx@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using PHP indeed, and the file that causes the trouble contains
> php code and the file that loads properly contains just plain HTML.
>
> The PHP code is placed at the beginning of the file before the HTML. I
> am guessing the php  code should be embedded in the HTML for this to
> work properly. Please let me know if there is something else I could
> take a look at.

My best guess is that your PHP code uses its own URL in some way and
is now confused by the fact that the URL doesn't contain a filename
(because it is accessed via DirectoryIndex). This causes it to try to
perform an operation on a directory that it intended to perform on a
file, resulting in the quoted error.

Joshua.