httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <d...@prime.gushi.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Compile-Time improvements to apache 1.3
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:17:44 GMT
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, SAILESH KRISHNAMURTI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN wrote:

> ./configure --prefix=<path to apache> --enable-module=ssl
> --enable-shared=ssl --enable-module=so --enable-module=expires
> --enable-shared=expires --with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl

Well...It looks like you're not adding any modules you don't
need...however, I'm not clear as to why you're compiling them shared
(unless you think you may want to comment them out later).

I generally go with --enable-module=most and --enable-shared=max, but have
a pretty extensive list of what I comment out unless someone asks for it
(but it's easier to have the .so file compiled and available *if* I
suddenly need, say, includes.

I'm not sure why your default apache has such a low hard server limit.
How was it installed?

-Dan

"She's NOT my girlfriend!"

-Dan Mahoney, Quite a bit recently.