httpd-users mailing list archives

From Res <...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] outdated material on apache web-site
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2007 23:46:18 GMT
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2007 6:11 PM, Victor Trac <victor.trac@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Documentation should be as accurate and clean as any code.  If there is an
>> obscure bug that only affects a very small percentage of people, it is
>> reasonable to expect that the code be fixed to maintain a certain level of
>
> If you want a code analogy, this is more equivalent to a bug in a
> source file that is not even included in the final program. Sure, it
> should be fixed, but it is hardly important.

Speaking of bugs maybe victor can fix his email, html formatting is
screwed up, not to mention its bad netiquette to use it on mailing
lists (and newsgroups).

I agree, as this "document" is NOT critical to Apaches operation, because
it is not part of the core code required to run, it is hardly of any
significant importance, every web site has errors or outdatet info on it.

> And speaking of getting bugs fixed, the bug database would be the
> place to file issues like this so they aren't lost.

Dont be silly, why would he do that? I mean just because its the logical
place to report it :)

--
Cheers
Res