httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hiep Nguyen <h...@ee.ucr.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apachectl
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:03:06 GMT
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Vincent Bray wrote:

> On 11/12/2007, Vincent Bray <noodlet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 11/12/2007, Hiep Nguyen <hiep@ee.ucr.edu> wrote:
>>> yum install links, but only elinks package return.
>>
>> elinks should do fine.
>
> I should also mention that this status option relies on mod_status
> being configured at the usual /server-status address, and that's
> rarely the default.
>
> Depending on how much information you need you might be better off
> finding another way of seeing if apache's running.
>
> --
> noodl

thanks.  couple more questions:

how do i install/enable mod_status so i can use apachectl status?

where is the apache test page?  i don't see anything in /var/www/html/.

i noticed /var/www/html/ is root. am i suppose to upload anything to this
folder using root account? if not what account do i use to upload?

also, what account do i use to start up httpd service?

right now, i login as root and execute apachectrl start, but i would like
to automatic start up this service during boot.

as you know, i'm a newbie to apache.

thank you very much,
t. hiep