httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to resist user click abuse in apache?
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:15:16 GMT

I wouldn't call those users "hasty and stupid"... I'd call them "normal".

The à la mode solution to this type of thing is to use javascript to play a "loading..."
animation and disable the user input - look up dojo, scriptaculous, prototype etc. for toolkits
that do this sort of thing.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> What would be a good way to resist such abuse?
> For example,  allow certain amount of simultaneous connections to
> some locations and another number of simultaneous connections for
> another location (for example, more connections to the dir where
> images are stored).
>
> --
> Artem

the sender's company.