httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Install question 2.2.6
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 17:05:17 GMT

On Dec 6, 2007, at 8:11 AM, Adrian Greeman wrote:

> Any advice on how to check the port in use and why the symbol does not
> appear?  Is it something to be concerned about?

The port in use is determined by the Listen directive in Apache's
configuration file.  You can quickly find that by going Start -> All
Programs -> Apache HTTP Server 2.2.6 -> Configure Apache Server ->
Edit the Apache httpd.conf Configuration File.  You'll probably find
a 'Listen 80' statement in the file.

Finding and removing (or disabling) whatever is getting in the way of
Apache is up to you -- we can't see what else is installed on your
computer.

The Systray icon is a small program called ApacheMonitor.exe that
gets installed together with the server and activated.  It doesn't
always show up, especially if you're on a domain account and your
profile is in a strange place.  All ApacheMonitor does is display the
status of the Apache2.2 Windows Service.  You can also use it to
start and stop the Windows Service.  Presence or absence of
ApacheMonitor in your Systray does not have any bearing on the actual
Apache2.2 Windows Service.

S.

--
Sander Temme