httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tamer Embaby <Tamer.Emb...@itworx.com>
Subject RE: RE: [users@httpd] Apache mod_rewrite/mod_proxy conflict?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:42:09 GMT
Axel,

It's totally my mistake! I didn't mention anything about the environment! (I'm hitting my
head against the wall for 12+ hours daily
for managing Vignette CMS).  So please forgive me about this.

No it's Apache 2.0.61 (latest) on Solaris 10 U4, and also Linux RHEL
4.4.

The solution that the other gentleman pointed me to (Neil Hillard)
worked OK for me, problem solved, but I just need to understand
how Apache 2.0 handle module loading and calling order, specifically
with mod_rewrite/mod_proxy (the case I pointed below).

Regards,
Tamer

-----Original Message-----
From: Axel-Stephane SMORGRAV [mailto:Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 8:30 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Apache mod_rewrite/mod_proxy conflict?

Judging from your problem description, specifically the fact that modifying the ordering of
the LoadModule directives changes the behaviour of the server, you must be using Apache 1.3.

>From Apache 2.0 on the order of execution of the various hooks is independent of the order
of LoadModule directives. Apache determines the ordering itself.

Had you used Apache 2.0 your ProxyPass directive would have gotten the upper hand on RewriteRule
and there would have been nothing you could do about it except from what was suggested to
you.

-ascs