httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hans Tovetjärn <h...@mantoray.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Custom hostname and Apache 2.2.6
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 00:02:18 GMT
Hello!

> That's not an Apache issue at all it is basic networking
> configuration at the OS level.
>
> What you need is to get a good book on Unix system administration,
> hopefully one aimed at your particular OS.
>
> Dragon

What I from start didn't know I wanted to change, is as you say
networking configuration. I thought this was because of Apache, but
having done some simple tests later on I found out it wasn't related
to Apache at all. Hence Karel Kubat was right too, just like Axel-
Stephane Smorgrav, thanks to both of you. I'm on the right track now
for what I want to tweak, now knowing partially how these things
work, and found myself some UNIX tutorials and fora to learn from.

Thanks again all!

Regards,

Hans