httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Reilly <sfrei...@roadrunner.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie question
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:48:09 GMT
EWD wrote:
> I have a website that is running at http://www.ewd.com. I have also installed
> another web application that is also accessible from
> http://www.edw.com:8080.
>
> I want to configure apache so users can use the second application at
> app.ewd.com instead of www.edw.com:8080. How can I achieve this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Edsger

put a link on the first webpage for the second one, make sure you use
the :8080 after the link.  OR just DNS redirect to the second one.
and, be sure you have a virtual host setup for the :8080, and port
forwarding setup on your router to forward all requests for :8080 to
that site.  may not be the right way but it works for me.

steve