httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Reilly <sfrei...@roadrunner.com>
Subject [users@httpd] access.log problem
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2007 23:04:05 GMT
good evening,

I admit through fault of my own, the apache2 access logs were deleted.
My question is this,  are these logs automagically regenerated on their
own when apache2 is restarted?, and if they are, what can I do if they
have not been regenerated by numerous apache2 restarts, and also
complete system reboots.

I have not modified the portion of the virtual server where the logs are
mentioned, it is as it was when first installed.  I am using debian
etch, and apache2.  After several hours of googling, I have resorted to
asking the list, thanks for any pointers..!

Steve