httpd-users mailing list archives

From "SAILESH KRISHNAMURTI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN" <skrishnam...@bloomberg.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Compile-Time improvements to apache 1.3
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2007 18:43:10 GMT
Hi, I was compiling a fresh 1.3.26 apacche instance, to eventually replace our
current 1.3.26 instance to correct some perofrmance bottleneks etc ... Curently
the main improvement I have made is to set the HARD_SERVER_LIMIT to 2048 as we
have noticed it hitting the 256 limit several times on Solaris 9 as this is a
high volume, high visibility apache instance. Are there any other
performance/security improvements that can be done that will make the newer
build better.  thx in advance.