httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Axel-Stephane SMORGRAV" <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:38:06 GMT
 You need to create 2 virtual hosts: one for port 80 where SSL is NOT enabled, and one on port
443 where SSL is enabled. You will also need two Listen directives: one for each of ports
80 and 443.

Listen *:80
Listen *:443

<VirtualHost *:443>

   ServerName my.server.com:443

   SSLCertificateFile /sslcerts/crt/my.server.com.crt
   SSLCertificateKeyFile /sslcerts/key/my.server.com.key
   SSLEngine on

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>

   ServerName my.server.com:80