httpd-users mailing list archives

From rahul gundecha <rahoolgunde...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Re: response time measurement at apache server
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:49:59 GMT
As I mentioned in earlier mail -
"About apache benchmark, I want to simulate clients from different physical machines and want
Response time MEASUREMENT AT SERVER."
Hence I do not want to use ab.

So that this can work in practical scenario as well.

Axel-Stephane  SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com> wrote: What about Apache
Bench (ab)? It's part of the Apache distribution.

-ascs

________________________________

De : rahul gundecha [mailto:rahoolgundecha@yahoo.co.in]
Envoyé : mercredi 12 décembre 2007 13:28
À : users@httpd.apache.org
Objet : [users@httpd] Re: response time measurement at apache server

thanks all for the reply.
Does the time shown by %D/%T include Waiting Time as well? I have tried similar logging in
Tomcat server, which actually shows Service Time & not the Response Time.
As apache server itself does not have any request buffer, how the waiting time is accounted?

About apache benchmark, I want to simulate clients from different physical machines and want
Response time MEASUREMENT AT SERVER.
I came across these tools for measuring Response time at server -

* CERTES - http://www.research.ibm.com/people/o/olshef/p49-olshefski.shtml

* ksniffer - http://www.research.ibm.com/people/o/olshef/osdi2004.shtml
* Accurate End-To-End Performance Management Using NetQoS SuperAgent & Cisco WAAS - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6870/products_white_paper0900aecd80693006.shtml

But I didn't find implementation of these tools for free use. Please help me out.

thanks ,
-Rahul

Axel-Stephane SMORGRAV  wrote:
Have a look at mod_log_config, specifically the %D and %T format strings.

-ascs