httpd-users mailing list archives

From mikeporter <m...@udel.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apachectl startssl returns "assertion 'rv == APR_SUCCESS" failed'
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 04:29:46 GMT

I think this is caused by Apache trying to bind to an IP that does not have
a PTR record or
other way to turn the IP into a name.  I ran into this a bit ago when
booting a server
that has an interal IP used to communicate with its platform controller.
This IP did not
have a name.  I temporarily solved the problem by changing from _default_ to
'*', but
this not a good solution because now Apache has bound to this special IP.  I
suspect this
is why the platform controller can not talk to the Solaris domain, but I'm
going to wait until
tomorrow before messing with it further.

Mike