httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_deflate
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:19:29 GMT
I am using apache2 2.2.3 and trying to get mod_deflate working. I have this in my default-server.conf
file:
DocumentRoot "/srv/www/htdocs"

#
# Configure the DocumentRoot
#
<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs">
 # Insert filter
SetOutputFilter DEFLATE

# Netscape 4.x has some problems...
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html

# Netscape 4.06-4.08 have some more problems
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip

# MSIE masquerades as Netscape, but it is fine
# BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

# NOTE: Due to a bug in mod_setenvif up to Apache 2.0.48
# the above regex won't work. You can use the following
# workaround to get the desired effect:
BrowserMatch \bMSI[E] !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xml
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xml
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/svg+xml
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xml
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/atom_xml
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-httpd-php
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-httpd-fastphp
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-httpd-eruby
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
  	# Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
	# or any combination of:
	#   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
	#
	# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
	# doesn't give it to you.
	#
	# The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please see
	# http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.2/mod/core.html#options
	# for more information.
Options FollowSymLinks

Is the above in the right file? If it is the right file, is it in the right location of that
file>?

And i have LoadModule deflate_module                 /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_deflate.so
in loadmodule.conf. I get this in the /var/log/apache2/error_log:
[Tue Dec 04 17:16:49 2007] [error] an unknown filter was not added: DEFLATE

Thanks for any help.