httpd-users mailing list archives

From Graeme Fowler <gra...@graemef.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help with AB and authentication
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:50:48 GMT
On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 11:30 +0000, Joel Carlos Martinho Alexandre (DSI)
wrote:
> I'm trying to use AB to benchmark a site within a IIS, but I'm having
> problems with authentication.
>
> I'm currently using
>
> ab2 -A domain\user:password url

Try

ab2 -A domain\\user:password url

The command line thinks you're escaping the first character of the
username since backslashed are used as escape markers. Pass a pair, and
the first backslash escapes the second one, thus passing it to the
application.

Alternatively, put the whole thing in single quotes:

'domain\user:password' and see if ab takes that.

Graeme