httpd-users mailing list archives

From rahul gundecha <rahoolgunde...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: response time measurement at apache server
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:28:06 GMT
  thanks all for the reply.
 Does the time shown by %D/%T include Waiting Time as well? I have tried similar logging in
Tomcat server, which actually shows Service Time & not the Response Time.
 As apache server itself does not have any request buffer, how the waiting time is accounted?

 About apache benchmark, I want to simulate clients from different physical machines and want
Response time MEASUREMENT AT SERVER.
 I came across these tools for measuring Response time at server -

   CERTES - http://www.research.ibm.com/people/o/olshef/p49-olshefski.shtml

   ksniffer - http://www.research.ibm.com/people/o/olshef/osdi2004.shtml
   Accurate End-To-End      Performance Management Using NetQoS SuperAgent & Cisco WAAS
- http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6870/products_white_paper0900aecd80693006.shtml
  But I didn't find implementation of these tools for free use. Please help me out.

 thanks ,
 -Rahul

 Axel-Stephane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com> wrote:
  Have a look at mod_log_config, specifically the %D and %T format strings.

 -ascs