httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Hodgson <andrew.hodg...@allpay.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Looking for Windows based commercial LAMP setup
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 17:02:41 GMT
On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:52:15 -0700, you wrote:

>> All our other LAMP setups are using RHEL4/5, but I have one PHP based app which uses
some Windows middleware, and thus we are using Apache for Windows.

>Can you configure, or rewrite, the PHP app to call the Windows
>middleware remotely? That might be the easiest solution.

That is an idea I already have - to somehow implement it as a web
service.  I think it depends on the workload required - whether it is
more time to do this, source an alternative middleware app, or rewrite
the whole thing in .net and rely on Microsoft security updates :).

Does anyone know the actual status of HTTPD on Windows as a production
server?  I know lots of people use it, but I have seen articles (and
so have others in the company) which suggest it is designed as a
development platform, and not really intended as a production ready
server.

Andrew.