httpd-users mailing list archives

From fchan <fc...@molsci.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Forbidden error using mod_userdir.c
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 23:22:34 GMT
Hello,
I have interesting issue with mod_userdir.c to allow users to show
their websites from their directories. I'm running RHL5 with httpd
server 2.2.6 and SELinux is in permissive mode. These directories are
symbolic links to NFS mount but I thought SymLinks would allow this.
I have rebooted the server and this still happens.  The links are
readable by everyone and I though I had the permissions correct.

Here is a excerpt of my httpd.conf:

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
     UserDir nfsmount/public_html
</IfModule>

#
# Control access to UserDir directories.  The following is an example
# for a site where these directories are restricted to read-only.
#
<Directory /home/*/nfsmount/public_html>
     AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
     Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
     <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Limit>
     <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
         Order deny,allow
         Deny from all
     </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
     AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
     Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
     <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Limit>
     <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
         Order deny,allow
         Deny from all
     </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

Here is an excerpt from my error_log from httpd:
[error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (13)Permission denied: access to
/~username/ denied
[error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Symbolic link not allowed or link
target not accessible: /home/username/nucleus

Is there something I'm missing here?

Thank you,
Frank