httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nilesh Bansal" <nileshban...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Protection against impolite bots
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 23:45:55 GMT
Hi all,

I was wondering if httpd has some module that can be used for
protecting against malicious clients that send too-many requests at a
high rate. Sometimes, some clients (or robots), send too many requests
(e.g., 20 per second) to our application that operates with rather
limited resources. Is there a way that I can limit number-of-requests
per IP per second? Or even better, notify the system admin if someone
downloads over 1000 pages in less than a minute.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

thanks
Nilesh

--