httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Weird charakters added to the top of html pages
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:37:21 GMT
On Nov 8, 2007 2:24 PM, Samuel Vogel <samy-delux@gmx.de> wrote:
> Ok, I did think that not saving as UTF8 was the problem:
> But is there some on the fly workaround? Since some of my users seem to
> be to dumb to do it by there selfs.

I don't know what browsers do with the BOM in html files. It is
possible that if you properly mark the file as UTF (in the
Content-Type header, using AddEncoding in httpd.conf), you might have
better luck.

There are various ways to edit files on-the-fly in apache, but they
are very resource-intensive and not a good solution to this problem.

Joshua.