httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <d...@prime.gushi.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache remote logging
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:48:44 GMT
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, GKapitany@symcor.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to have number of apache servers logging remotely to a syslog-ng
> server. Logging using syslogd -r is not an option, since I don't have root
> on this machines. I'm thinking to pipe the logs an aplication which would
> do the job (like netpipes or something).
> Is there a log module which would do that?
> Any experience with mod_log_spread?

If you don't have root you're going to have a fun time trying to get
apache to log to a pipe.

You could just periodically scp off your logs...or keep a tail -F open on
them (not all systems have the -F (note the caps) option (as long as they
are readable of course.

-Dan

--

unless is a pr0no book he wont even come close to the bandwidth quota

-Racer-X, concerning DanMahoney.com's web hits.