httpd-users mailing list archives

From Res <...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] dbd and mysql in apache 2.2.6
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 21:32:32 GMT

Daniel Campbell schrieb:
> Has anyone had any luck building mysql into apache version 2.2.6?  I am
> able to get it to compile fine but if I "ldd httpd" there is no mysql
> library linked in and if I try and use the "DBDriver mysql" in the
> httpd.conf file I get "DBD: No driver for mysql" when starting it.
>
> I have followed the INSTALL.MYSQL instructions under the srclib/apr-util
> directory which says to download the apr_dbd_mysql.c file from the
> http://apache.webthing.com/database/ website to the srclib/apr-util/dbd
> directory and run the main buildconf and configure.  My configure is long
> but should work.  I have even tried it with a very short basic one to no
> avail.

Daniel, can you indicate what steps you are doing for us to see that way
we can advise you further.

Should be... firstly, you may need to run a dummy ./configure in the main
source dir (to generate some other stuff it needs, if this is a fresh
install)

cd httpd-2.2.6/srclib/apr-util/dbd
get the apr_dbd_mysql.c (which I read you have) into this directory
cd ..    (should now be in httpd-2.2.6/srclib/apr-util)
./buildconf
./configure --with-apr=../apr
cd ../../    (back to main source dir) and run your full configure line,
make, install then run the test.

--
Cheers
Res