httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Piwoni, Andre" <Andre.Piw...@PacifiCorp.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy for same but versioned apps rooted at the same context on different hosts
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 01:43:33 GMT
I have multiple instances of versioned application rooted at the same
context but hosted on different machines. I have to access these
applications externally via reverse proxy like Apache in the following
way, if possible:

http://reverse_proxy_host/instance1/app maps to
http://internal.host1.com/app
http://reverse_proxy_host/instance2/app maps to
http://internal.host3.com/app
http://reverse_proxy_host/instanceN/app maps to
http://internal.hostN.com/app

All links within our application are relative: /app/<resource>

Seems like an easy requirement but I have not been able to find solution
for it using mod_proxy, mod_proxy + mod_rewrite. There seems to be
solution that we have with mod_proxy + mod_proxy_html which modifies
relative links to /instance1/app/<resource>. Is it the only way to
accomplish this task?

Last soft requirement that I can live without is dynamic mappings. That
is, preferably database driven but could be text file driven mapping
configuration.

Also, I wanted to clarify that I'm not looking for a load balancing
solution.

Any help appreciated including alternatives to Apache reverse proxy
implementation.

Regards,
Andre Piwoni

This email is confidential and may be legally privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else, unless expressly
approved by the sender or an authorized addressee, is unauthorized.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
omitted or taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you believe that
you have received this email in error, please contact the sender, delete this e-mail and destroy
all copies.