httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martijn <sweetwaterg...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod_Rewrite from old dynamic page
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:26:11 GMT
On Nov 13, 2007 7:43 PM, Ki Song <ki@knifecenter.com> wrote:
> For some reason, the productSKU in the old url was frequently followed by a
> ',' (comma). So, for example, http://store.knifecenter.com/pgi-Product
> Spec?productSKU, would be a valid url in the old system.
>
> Is there a way to "drop" the trailing ',' in the old url?

Again, untested, but I would think changing the second line to
 RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.*),?$ [NC]
would do the trick.

Though in this case it might be safer to just (re)write your web
application so that it removes a trailing comma if it occurs: this way
you won't get an error, even if a comma slips though the maze. (People
might changes their links to a new URL but accidentally leave the
comma there.)

Martijn.