httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martin Fick <mogul...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using a proxy manually from a webbrowser?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 17:01:17 GMT
--- Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 23:31:10 -0800 (PST)
> Martin Fick <mogulguy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >	  The end
> > result should be that the page returned by th
> > webserver (myapache.com) should actually be
> > http://website.com/webpage.html but the request
> has to
> > go through privoxy!
>
> ProxyRemote?

Doesn't ProxyRemote require that my webserver be
acting in forward proxy mode?  In other words,
wouldn't the
browser still have to be configured to use my
webserver
as its proxy?  If not, could you show me a sample line
that would map a request from my webserver's namespace
(i.e. not an absolute URL) to an absolute URL on a
proxy server?

-Martin