httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nizar KHEIR <nizar_kh...@yahoo.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] RE : Re: [users@httpd] RE : Re: [users@httpd] https redirect without refresh
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 07:12:20 GMT
Hy krist, and hy everybody,

  In fact i think you have not understand my question.
  The fact is that i'm working in an environment where my config should modify dynamically,
so in certain conditions, i want to give users access with http (non secure), and in other
circonstences, i want to redirect already http connected users to https on the fly, without
loosing their connections, and this must occur transparently for the user. So imagine that
i start my apache2 server without any directive for redirecting from http to https. All connections
take place with http. this is realized by the line:

  Include /etc/apache2/squirrelmail.conf in the /etc/apache2/sites-available/default configuration
file (the same directive is present in the /etc/apache2/sites-available/ssl configuration
file, so users can either access by http or https).

  As my server is running normally with this configuration, i reach a situation where, for
example, i received an alert of a man in the middle attack, thus i want to redirect all users
to https. What i do is the following:
  1) i comment the line Include /etc/apache2/squirrelmail.conf only for the /etc/apache2/sites-available/default
configuration file.
  2) i decomment the lines (in the same file):
      <IfModule mod_rewrite>
      <Location /squirrelmail>
       RewriteEngine on
       RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
       RewriteRule .* https://%{HTTP_HOST}:443%{REQUEST_URI} [QSA,R=permanent,L]
   </Location>
</IfModule>

  Or the lines (what ever you want, i have always strictly the same result):
  Redirect permanent /squirrelmail https://secured.example.org/squirrelmail

  Than i restart my apache2 server like: /etc/init.d/apache2 restart.
  Now the result is that as long as the already connected users does not refresh their pages
with firefox, all their squirrelmail transactions remains in http, unless they proceed with
a refresh for their pages. So what i need is to redirect to https after the first click in
the squirrelmail dynamic page without having to explicitly refresh the page.
  So please can someone help me ??? what i have to do ????
  Thanks
  nizar

Krist van Besien <krist.vanbesien@gmail.com> a écrit :
  On Nov 19, 2007 6:49 PM, Nizar KHEIR wrote:
> thanks for your reply, in fact, i tried
> redirect permanent / https://myserver/
> Always the same result, to switching until i proceed with a refresh :s,
> nizar

Have you read this:
http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin.html#toc8.3

Krist