httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with NameVirtualHost and VirtualHost
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:31:02 GMT
On Nov 20, 2007 4:48 PM, Gregor Schneider <rc46fi@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I've just solved the problem.
>
> As I said b4, I don't care about a message stating "SSL-cert is not
> valid" since it's just a test-server.

That's not the issue. You can't combine  namevirtualhosts with SSL. So
any https request will go to your first *.443 virtualhost, regardless
of what you put there as servername or serveralias.

> The problem was the ServerName-directive:
>
> Now I've changed my vhost-definition to
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerAlias test-clue
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *:443>
>     ServerAlias test-clue
> </VirtualHost>
>
> This means I did not state any ServerName-directive but used
> ServerAlias instead, and everything runs like charm :)

Are you sure? This looks like Apache behaving against its
specification in a big way.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com