httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache as non-root
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:44:29 GMT
On Nov 8, 2007 4:48 PM, Axel-Stephane  SMORGRAV
<Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com> wrote:
> Somebody trusted you enough to give YOU the root password.
>
> Why should you not in turn entrust others with the privileges that will allow them to
do their job?

I'm not against giving people the privileges needed to do their jobs.
I'm just not comfortable with giving an operator that has little unix
knowledge root access.
Its not only about trust. It's also about avoiding accidents...

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org