httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nash Cherukuri <nash4...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ISSUE: Proxy-connection:Keep alive does not work for https on IE with apache 2
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 15:52:01 GMT
  Proxy-connection:Keep alive does not work for https on IE with apache 2

  CONNECT HTTP/1.0 host:443 issues on IE with apache 2

  Unfortunately IE uses HTTP/1.0 for CONNECT (i.e for tunneling https:// requests through
a proxy) even if you specify 'use HTTP/1.1 ' in its preferences.

  The TCP connection gets closed immediately even though keep alive is set to ON in httpd.
  The problem is currently apache does not understand Proxy-connection:Keep-alive at all.It
supports ordinary keep alive connection only .

  How do I check whether we use any authentication module et all.It seems that this issue
exists only if we use some kind of authentication module.

  Can anyone help please?

  Thanks,
  Nagesh