httpd-users mailing list archives

From tech1 <te...@nano.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Weird NameVirtualHost problem
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 16:51:21 GMT

I'm running apache 1.3 on a FreeBSD box. I've just started using
NameVirtualHosts for about 100 web sites. There are other web sites on the
server using individual IP addresses. The <VirtualHost IP.IP.IP.IP>
containers are all identical except for the info pertinent to each domain
name and directory, they were ALL generated by a script, including the
"old" ones. I've tested them and they are accurate. I rearranged the list
in the conf file to make sure there wasn't an issue with one VirtualHost
container. The problem: the first 10 or so that I set up 2 months ago work
just fine, anything added after that doesn't work at all. I've checked DNS
on the names that aren't working, and I've also run an 'httpd -S' and can
see all of the NameVirtualHost domains with no errors. I've restarted the
server and apache multiple times. I can't get anything other than the first
batch to work.

I don't know what else to do.... I thought maybe it was a DNS cache related
thing so I waited a couple days to see if they'd kick in. I tried removing
the whole NameVirtualHost block and restarting the server, then putting it
all back and restarting again. I tried rearranging them all so that others
would be listed before the ones that work. Nothing I've done makes any
difference.

I don't want to "waste" 100 IP addresses, anyone have any ideas or
suggestions? Any other places I might look?